Over the last year I’ve been amazed at all the recuts, re-edits and mash-ups of my films. As someone who spent his teens re-editing movies on VHS, I am extremely heartened by your constant reinvention of scenes from the movies, be it a complex montage or a simple GIF.

So I hereby issue the would-be editors of the world a challenge.

To celebrate the one year anniversary of ‘Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World’s release OsyMyso has offered up an exclusive musical remix of the fight scenes and themes from the film. As you will hear, it is a glorious collision of Black Sheep, the Beasties, Rocky and many more. I want you to cut the accompanying music video to the track below.

So listen, download and break out your favourite edit suite…

Further rules? Not really. You can use visuals from the movie, the relevant music videos, wherever you want. Be as obvious or random as you like.

Then upload your video to your favourite video hosting site and link to it in the comments below.

The deadline for submissions is August 6th. *Submissions Now Closed*

On August 13th I will post my favourite of the bunch and there will be a mysterious prize for the victor.

Mysterious in that, I don’t know what it is yet.

So knock yourselves out. And even if you’re not an editor, you are going to want to put this on your iPod ASAP. Enjoy.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World | Osymyso Fight Remix

Right click and ‘save as’ to grab the mp3 download below.

Download Link

Remixed by OsyMyso (http://www.osymyso.com | @osymyso)

Comments

273 Responses to “The Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World 1 Year Anniversary Music Video Remix Challenge! *Submissions Now Closed*”
  1. J Atkins33 says:

did we ever find out who won? :/ i take it as i havent heard anything, edgar dislikes me :(

2. Chaosblare says:

If I win all I want is a letter with Ramona’s phone number on it ;D Best letter ever.
    (please don’t do that, and that’s just if i actually win but chances are looking slim due to my poor performance between 3:00 – 3:38 v_v, I’m sure Wallace is very dissapointed in me and he’d probably say my mother is too)

3.  If I win, all I want is a letter of recommendation for University. Best letter ever.

4. Edgar Wright says:

Hey guys. Results coming shortly. Sunday night or Monday morning!

5. johnsonnetwrk says:

It’s really tense… And quiet.
    Too quiet.

6. Chaosblare says:

I’m guessing Mr.Wright is busy atm so he hasn’t been able to upload the results XD
    Is it still the 13th in america?

7. Chaosblare says:

Well judging by the time i think i’ll be asleep by the time the results have been announced It’s like 8 pm here, so good luck everyone and congrats to the winners whoever they may be =D

Chaos sleep!

8. Chaosblare says:

It’s the 13th already? o_O yikes, stupid time flying like…a… vegan >o>

9. Matthew Mulcahy says:

Just wanted 2 let u know Edgar, my video – the 1 on the link that works – is NOT faulty, that is just how it looks because of how I chose to do my entry. Was worried u wouldn’t deem it eligible 4 competition when u saw it and realised it didn’t look like the other entries, so I figured I should post this message just 2 let u know. Sorry it took so long, I’ve had to write it twice because it didn’t appear first time.

10. Matthew Mulcahy says:

Just 2 let u know Edgar, in case you saw the first few seconds of my entry and thought something was wrong with it, like chaos blare did, I want 2 let u know that I intended it to look that way. I won’t tell u why and how, I just wanted 2 b sure that it would still be eligible, even if it didn’t look as slick as the other entries. P.s. Sorry it took me so long to write this message, I’ve been a bit busy this summer and am having difficult writing on this iPad in the apple store.

• Chaosblare says:

oh sorry my mistake then :S
      just that some bits were still and others weren’t it confused me  a bit, maybe edgar will get why you did it :D
      btw good luck

11. Ahhh my post with the video is not showing yet!!! I just edited something it and update it. Will it show that i posted it on the 6 or what????

12. Mark Lukenbill says:

Blocked by YouTube, so here it is on Vimeo. Sorry for the delay.

13. My addition. Blessedly less fighting.

I am hoping since it is not yet midnight all over the world that I can still sneak in under the wire.  I throw myself at the mercy of Mr. Wright, with no excuses save my awful computer’s decision to fail at rendering over and over.  Here I humbly submit my addition to the group.

15. Chaosblare says:

Wow everyone did really well, I wanna say a big well done to everyone who’s taken part, now theres a great flurry of awesome scott pilgrim related musci videos for me to enjoy :)
    The more I watch these the more ideas that pop into my head dammit XD Why couldn’t I think of these ideas when I was actually editing XD I guess thats how it goes with most projects though, Well anyways good luck everyone! I’m sure edgar is gonna enjoy all of these :D

Chaos out!

16. Mark Lukenbill says:

Oh shoot! I have to be “that guy” and post it late. I seriously thought it was due Sunday. Please excuse me, I am chronically enfeebled. Anyway, here it is.

• Mark Lukenbill says:

I’ve been blocked by YouTube… How do you get around copyright issues? Oh goodness. I’ll get it up eventually, I promise.

17. Dr. 3-Lungs says:

Here is my entry, on the final day… ugh…. :p

18. Kiddio says:

So i finished the video, but for some reason it didn’t work. i spent 5 hours trying to upload it though.
    good luck to everybody else though.
    i just wanted edgar wright to watch my video but I love Scott Pilgrim and uploading a video wont change how big of a fan i am. i’m proud of my work.

• Chaosblare says:

I’m sure edgar will still accept your enntry even if it’s a little late, he’s cool like that :D You did technically meet the dead as you did finish it beforehand, I did however have a similar problem to you, I hope yours sget’s uploaded alright.

19. Bobby Cohen says:

Annnd uploaded!
    It’s up on 3 different sites in case one falters:

Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/27384121
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEvE6NqIRMM
    Metacafe: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6905329

Hope this still counts as in before the deadline.

Cheers!
    Bobby (Los Angeles, CA)

• Bryan Cantwell says:

Very nice! I really like your take on the Cheryl Cole bit… wonderful.

• Chaosblare says:

I really loved your effects dude! Your a rotoscoping master. I do think however you used the same footage of scott strumming too manytimes but this was probably due to the lack of time left or footage useable for that awesome effect XD I think I would have preffered it if the video was a little more in sync with the music however the transitions were amaaaazing! I have to say. Well all in all this was an awesome Music Video and I wish you good luck :D

20. Alex says:

Bawls… I hate You Tube, and I hate DVD Rippers that wont let you “borrow” copyrighted material. Otherwise I would’ve at least had some sort of video up for the world to see! oh well, I had fun adding more noises and 8 bit musicalness to the track to make it more lively. I gave it my best shot. Kudos to the winner! (Who ever that may be!) ^_^

• Bryan Cantwell says:

It probably won’t help you today, but in the future, remember these 2 words…

Vimeo & Handbrake. :)

21. Nick Nakasu says:

Here’s my submission! I hope you meant Aug 6th California time.

• Chaosblare says:

I like your choice of footage, you decided to show the fights of the evil ex’s in chronollogical order without falter even with the various sound clips. I’m impressed :D this is kinda like a run through of all the events of the movie :D well done man and good luck :D

22. Matthew Mulcahy says:

Hello again, Edgar. Have had a bit of trouble uploading my video, which is why the last link didn’t work. This one, however, does. It’s the same video as before, so enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d255HAQ35ck

23. Matthew Mulcahy says:

Hello again, Edgar. Had a bit of trouble uploading the video, which is why the last link didn’t work. This one, however, does. It’s the same video, so I hope you like it.

24. Alex says:

Dont close the polls yet please! I just beefed up the song and am finishing up editing! God I hate it when I stumble upon contests at the last moment! lol

Hopefully this is 10 hours before the deadline not 14 hours after it.

My submission – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnV5PcL52U

• Chaosblare says:

whoa the sync in this is insane XD YOu did awesome with this man, possibly some of the best syncing if seen in this competition. Well done man and good luck :D.

• Chaosblare says:

whoa the sync in this is insane XD YOu did awesome with this man,
      possibly some of the best syncing if seen in this competition. Well done
      man and good luck :D.

26. Matthew Mulcahy says:

Hello Edgar, this is Matthew Mulcahy speaking. This is my entry to the competition. Apologies for the lateness of its arrival, but it took me an awful long time to edit and then upload. Still, enjoy anyway. Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igN2137U_c8

27. Bobby Cohen says:

I’ve got an entry on the way – a few final touches left then the upload time. I’m hoping an official deadline may be nearer late afternoon PST? I promise it’ll be a good one!

28. Austin Burke says:

After many hours of editing I present my video. I have a little cameo in it and was planning on having some more of my own personal footage thrown in but due to deadline being so close and me being so busy it didn’t make it. Oh well was definitely fun and good practice for rotoscoping and a few new visuals effects I have never done before. There are a decent amount of transitions and effects that were inspired by the movie and the style of Edgar Wrights movies that you may not notice unless you went by frame by frame but they are there. Hope the HD version is ready for when you guys watch it. Not use to having a short amount of footage like this that is already color graded and cut so this was a fun experience and I wish the best of luck to everyone.

29. My late (As always) entry. Took a while cuz well let me give you the short version. Old laptop could do the job, got a new one. It came this monday, I started tuesday and finish late today and a bonus video ,not for the contest. that i did a while ago  for… just because….enjoy it i guess :)
    Note: I dont hate the prodigy invaders must die look at my bonus video. ( Just incase anyone is wondering from the benginning of the video.)

Bonus

30. Daniel Yi says:

sorry i was trying to update my previous comment w/a new link but my comment seemed to have disappeared from the thread.

31. Chaosblare says:

And here it is :D I wish I got I tiny bit more time on it, still a lil rough but atm it looks fine to me :D
    Good luck everyone!

32. Amelia Stephensen says:

Hi everyone, sorry this is late in – I was almost too chicken to post it!

A few days ago I decided to try a comic-book look (I processed most of this in PhotoShop), though the concept required more time than I had… But please take a look anyway and let me know what you think :-)

Also, there are some insanely good entries here!! Some very very talented people out there!

33. Jeff Yorkes says:

Here’s my entry! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did makin’ it!

Here’s my last-minute entry.

YouTube got stuck on processing though, so I’m not sure if
    it went through or not. Was worried about the deadline, so I uploaded a .wmv
    too:

And, just for good measure, I’m uploading to Vimeo as well,
    since I seem to be having problems x.x; Will post that link later.

• Bryan Cantwell says:

The youtube link works fine!

• Anonymous says:

Thanks, that’s a relief! I had a lot of trouble yesterday. YouTube kept freezing at like 90% and I wasn’t sure if it was on their end or my own connection.

But, it appears that someone has flagged my post :( The only thing I can fathom is that the person assumed I was trying to submit multiple entries. I wasn’t. I posted 3 links to the same exact video. I didn’t know how strict the deadline was and wanted to make sure that if my YouTube wasn’t working right there were other options to view my video. Like everyone else, I worked hard editing and would like to be considered, so please refrain from flagging my post :P

So! Here, once again, is my entry:

35. Vince Roque says:

Here’s my entry! I am a HUGE Scott Pilgrim fan (My fav film of 2010 and fav comic series in years). AND I am an aspiring editor so this contest was a total blast to work on. I will love Kim Pine forever!

P.S. That Attack The Block Q&A last week was awesome Edgar!

36. Chaosblare says:

429 mins to upload? Goddamit, It’s ok if we give it in on the day of the deadline right?

37. Peterchobits says:

Hey, from the depths of Bay St. Video comes my entry.

38. Here you go. Blood sweat and tears went into this. Can’t get a HQ version up just yet, but hopefully will do soon.

39. David says:

I finally finished my video!

It’s taken me weeks but I’ve finally got it as good as I can possibly get it I think, I really hope you like it!

David Post

P.S. I put myself in it briefly, I hope you don’t mind!

40. Austin Burke says:

Also thought I would share this little frame from the movie, every time I see this part with Young Neil it cracks me up, I am not sure why but it just does.

41. Bryan Cantwell says:

99 problems, but running out of inspiration for Scott Pilgrim mashups isn’t one.

I would like to present “Spaced Pilgrim vs The Osymyso Fight Remix”

42. Kyle Stern says:

Here’s mine. Hope you enjoy it.

43. Paul Blewitt says:

Here’s my entry for the contest:

I hope that you enjoy watching it and that YouTube leaves it up.

1. [...] entered Edgar Wright's competition for a 1st anniversary tribute to the excellent Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, cruelly overlooked on its initial release but already firmly established as a cult [...]

2. [...] entered Edgar Wright’s competition for a 1st anniversary tribute to the excellent Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, cruelly overlooked on its initial release but already firmly established as a cult [...]

3. [...] and all round awesome guy – Paul Blewitt – has been working on a fan music video. Edgar Wright threw down the gauntlet and asked fans to put together a video based on the film and a remix track [...]

4. [...] Wright, the director and screenplay writer of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World launched a contest on his blog to celebrate Scott Pilgrim one year [...]

5. [...] the original here: The Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World 1 Year Anniversary Music Video … Category: Uncategorized | Tags: anniversary, been-amazed, challenge, films, music-video, [...]