Spaced, The 10 Year Anniversary Post!

It was 10 years ago, this very evening.

Sandwiched somewhat amusingly between Friends and Frasier, was the first episode of SPACED on C4.

Am very touched by the various articles that have been printed and posted today.

Please click the links and enjoy.

And to celebrate further – here’s some yet unseen (on the web) footage of our 2007 reunion Q&A | Spaced on Stage, BFI – November 10th, 2007

“You lucky people. Oi oi”

Comments

38 Responses to “Spaced, The 10 Year Anniversary Post!”

I read about this series on imdb by accident, I liked and heard about Simon Pegg and Nick Frost from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.. I downloaded a few episodes and this show was excellent! I wish they would continue it!n

3. budinflorida says:

4. pieface says:

New! Starting Mon 19th October 10pm, a fab new comedy series SPACED on channel Dave (what a shame they didn’t quite show it on the anniversary exactly!)

Spaced
    Spaced Series 1, 1

10:00p.m. – 10:30p.m.

New. The cult comedy favourite starring Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson comes to Dave. Outsiders Tim and Daisy meet by chance and pose as a professional couple to secure a flat

5. pieface says:

Spaced
    Spaced Series 1, 1

10:00p.m. – 10:30p.m.

6. joel vallie says:

I believe I heard Simon say that they might publish all the Spaced scripts for the 10th year anniversary. Is that still going to happen?

7. joel vallie says:

8. Frances says:

Happy birthday Spaced! All your antipodean fans still think you’re the fuckest uppest.

9. Frances says:

10. SarahAC says:

Spaced remains my favourite show of all time.
    I love it with all my heart.

Thanks and much love to you Edgar and all the others who made the show.
    Not to mention all the lovely folks I’ve met through my love of Spaced.
    You all rule!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACED!!
    x

Spaced remains my favourite show of all time.
    I love it with all my heart.

Thanks and much love to you Edgar and all the others who made the show.
    Not to mention all the lovely folks I’ve met through my love of Spaced.
    You all rule!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACED!!
    x

12. pieface says:

Thankyou! for putting this video up, and for not carrying on walking that day x

my Daisy & Tim pic http://www.twitpic.com/iy4tm

13. pieface says:

Thankyou! for putting this video up, and for not carrying on walking that day x

my Daisy & Tim pic http://www.twitpic.com/iy4tm

14. Jak says:

Wowza, it sayz on your twitter your considering a spaced 3? Please do, id follow it religously. Loved both your movies your my favourite director, i love your edititng style wth all your fancy cuts!
    Anyway nice work spaced is epic, my favourite part is when nick is coughing up paintball blood and then it cuts to simon saying you know i really enjoyed it today :)

15. Jak says:

16. Hannah says:

I was also at the BFI that wonderful day almost two years ago. I was actually the person who asked the final question of the Q&A, though my audio was cut (woe, etc.).

It really was the most blissful day ever – watching back-to-back episodes of Spaced in a room full of fellow nerds and the people who created it in the first place. I remember after the opening scene of S1E1, when ‘Spaced’ flashed up on the screen, Simon shouting ‘It’s brilliant, isn’t it!’ :D (and, of course, the pre-emptive excitement before the immortal Jaffa Cake line, and the whole auditorium applauding after it had been spoken).

Spaced was, and continues to be, bloody brilliant. Thanks, Edgar – for the show, and this post :)

17. Hannah says:

18. Simma says:

Spaced really was the greatest TV show of the 90’s, and I’m still to see anything better than it in the last ten years. Genius.

19. Simma says:

20. Vicky says:

Thanks for this. Thank you for Spaced. Would the last 10 years of our lives have made any sense without it? I will never give up hope for the fabled third series!!

Happy Birthday Spaced!

21. Vicky says:

Happy Birthday Spaced!

22. Sarah5636 says:

This was one of the best days ever. I remember i paid to become a BFI member for the year just to make sure i got tickets. Worth every penny. Thanks for putting the links up Ed.

24. Greg Del Savio says:

Thanks for that…..Good stuff.

25. Greg Del Savio says:

Thanks for that…..Good stuff.

26. Rob Kaas says:

I can’t even imagine what must be going through your head. I’d wager a guess that it’s equal parts pride of accomplishment and “Holy shit, it’s been ten years? TEN?”, yeah?

Also, it’s the 250th anniversary of Guinness. I guess I know what I’ll be drinking and watching tonight.

27. Rob Kaas says:

28. Elise says:

You’ve edited it to make me look like the insane one. Ta for that.

29. Elise says:

You’ve edited it to make me look like the insane one. Ta for that.

30. GINA says:

congratulations :) it’s a great show…i got my supervisor into watching it and she liked it. Hey Mikey, she like’s it!

31. GINA says:

32. AmberG. says:

Great articles!

You,and Simon,Jess,Nick and the rest of the cast should be very proud!! :)

Much Love to you all!!

Great articles!

You,and Simon,Jess,Nick and the rest of the cast should be very proud!! :)

Much Love to you all!!

34. dave says:

i was there! an amazing day!

35. dave says:

i was there! an amazing day!

1. [...] Spaced, The 10 Year Anniversary Post! : Edgar Wright Here [...]