‘Shaun of the Dead’ Photo-a-day / Shoot Day 6 / May 16th, 2003

Shaun of the Dead Photo-a-day / May 16th, 2003

Shaun of the Dead Photo-a-day / May 16th, 2003

Um… Spoiler alert. This is the last scene of ‘Shaun Of The Dead’. It’s very strange shooting the coda in the middle of another scene, but that’s exactly what we did here.

Ideally it would be nice to shoot the final shot last but that rarely happens. Usually you have double up on locations on a low budget film.

These photos make me sad for some reason. Needs to have ‘You’re My Best Friend’ playing over it for the full effect.

Shaun of the Dead Photo-a-day / May 16th, 2003

By the way, the reason ‘You’re My Best Friend’ ended up as the final song in the movie is because it is track listed after ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ on ‘Queen’s Greatest Hits’. So we would keep hearing that intro whenever we listened to the CD (remember them?).

That opening line, ‘Oooh, you make-a me live’ sealed it. We had to use it.

Comments

13 Responses to “‘Shaun of the Dead’ Photo-a-day / Shoot Day 6 / May 16th, 2003”
  1. Glad to visit your blog. Thanks for this great post that you share to us

2. Joel Vallie says:

I didnt know that about “Your my best friend” Tats some good trivia there.

3. Friv says:

Love the pics

4. Isaac Zammit says:

So while I was enjoying my 10th birthday, you were shooting this sad scene:) Edgar you’re the best!

5. Lukas Ridge says:

I love these. How about just doing one a day forever?

• the dude says:

Just watch all the extras on the Bluray, you’ll be there forever…. And it’s awesome!!

6. Doyles_Law says:

A real “skip to the end” moment on set.

I can’t think of a better song !! Where was this shot?
    daily pics–Love! always enjoy yearly pics– back in SPvsTW days

8. Love the pics :-). You must have had a blast making the film :-)

9. The first pic seems to have been taken between shots, but still Zombie Ed/Nick remains in character. Either that or…, … !?

10. Brilliant, I always loved the upbeat spin this put on Ed’s death.

11. I’m getting really hooked on these photo-a-day posts. Daily warm and fuzzies for a fave film. Thanks for spoiling us!