Two things.

1) It’s CONFIRMED that I will be appearing at this triple bill at San Francisco’s Castro Theatre on the 26th of August. So get your tix.

2) The amazing Alex Pardee has designed this extraordinary poster for the event.

It’s literally mindblowing as you will see below.

Details of the event are below. Also limited edition fine art prints of the above Alex Pardee poster image will be available to purchase at the Castro on the night of the event. If there are any available after the event they will be sold online at his webstorel Zerofriends .

Writer/Director Edgar Wright, who will be here in San Francisco at the historic Castro Movie Palace iN PERSON (schedule permitting), will be showcasing his three feature films as well as numerous odds and ends from his oeuvre (the Grindhouse trailer DON’T!) as well as introducing each film and holding a Q&A on stage with host Jesse Hawthorne Ficks! This extraordinary event costs ONLY $15 so buy your tickets early! This is gonna be one helluva nite!

BUY YOUR ADVANCE TiX!

7:00pm – SCOTT PiLGRiM VS. THE WORLD (2010)
Based on the graphic novel by Brian Lee O’Malley
Containing: Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Johnny Simmons, Jason Schwartzman, Aubrey Plaza, Alison Pill

People all around the country are madly obsessed with this brilliantly intelligent, coming-of age extravaganza! On par with films such as RUSHMORE and ELECTiON, it’s chock full of progressive poignancy, 8-bit nostalgia, really-relatable side characters (with Kieran Culkin giving one of the greatest performances ever!) and a unique, unstoppable creativity that proves that Mr. Edgar Wright is a modern force to be reckoned with. Not only is this the movie you would have snuck into ten times to see when you were a teenager, it reminds you that you can still do that sort of thing… RiGHT NOW! 35mm print courtesy of Universal. 112min.

NOTE: There will be a Q&A on stage with Edgar Wright and Jesse Hawthorne Ficks immediately following SCOTT PiLGRiM.

Watch the trailer:

plays with

9:45pm – HOT FUZZ (2007)
Written by Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
Containing: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman

Capturing the "buddy cop" genre has been attempted before and after this brilliant little ditty (see Kevin Smith’s COP OUT and Adam McKay’s THE OTHER GUYS), but what makes HOT FUZZ such a contemporary classic is that it actually achieves it’s own place alongside the films it’s in love with: POiNT BREAK and BAD BOYS 2. This genuine British Bro-mance between real-life BFFs, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost will completely sneak up on you, as they strive for purpose through their small town shenanigans. Widescreen 35mm print courtesy of Focus. 121min.

Watch the trailer:

plays with

11:59pm – SHAUN OF THE DEAD (2004)
Written by Simon Pegg & Nick Frost
Containing: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield & Lucy Davis

Riding high off their decade defining TV series SPACED (1999), this gang of Brits translated their genius to the big screen and gave the world one of the all time great Zombie parodies while at the same time (like HOT FUZZ) carving out it’s own top-spot within the genre it loves! What would a couple of modern day stoners do if the world were overrun with flesh eating corpses? Edgar Wright and company deliver a bloody great romp that only gets better and better with multiple viewings! This must be seen at the greatest movie theatre in the United States with the director IN PERSON introducing it to a whole new generation preceded by a RARE 35mm print of Wright’s Grindhouse trailer DON’T! Widescreen 35mm print courtesy of Focus. 99min.

Watch the trailer:

Again, BUY YOUR ADVANCE TiX NOW!

People are flying from across the country for this special event!

ONLY $15 for one or all three films!
Notes written and event curated by Jesse Hawthorne Ficks
email him at midnites4maniacs@gmail.com

Comments

44 Responses to “UPDATE: MiDNiTES FOR MANiACS presents an Edgar Wright TRIPLE BILL | August 26th Castro Theatre, San Francisco, CA.”
  1. The Japxican says:

Edgar, thanks for signing my poster.  It awesome to get to meet you.

2. Wendy says:

I’m going to cry now. This is what i get for not coming here in a long time. I have to work and it sounds like the tickets are sold out. I’m only 45 mins away. (SNIFF POUT STOMP!!)

3. So, how do we get this happening in Vancouver or even Seattle?

4. Shaun Pilgrim says:

Hearing about this so, SO late.  Tickets appear to be sold out. :(  Is there any other place which might sell tix?

To go to this event would be a dream a dream come true…but I live on the other side of the country. OH, CRUEL FATE!!!!!

8. Theveganpagan says:

Just Got My Ticket!!! Finally, a worthwhile reason to live in SF!

9. Theveganpagan says:

Just Got My Ticket!!! Finally, a worthwhile reason to live in SF!

10. Joel Vallie says:

That just became my ipad screen saver.

11. Joel Vallie says:

That just became my ipad screen saver.

12. Naomijlea says:

I live in London, there is no way I could make this,  I WANT THIS POSTER, please have some spare, I will happily give you a body part, or my Grandmother she won’t mind!

13. Already have my ticket! So excited!

14. Tara e. says:

Oh HLZ yeah, bitches!

19. Tara e. says:

Oh HLZ yeah, bitches!

20. Tara e. says:

Oh HLZ yeah, bitches!

21. Tyler Tracey says:

That is the most beautiful poster I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

22. Pepper_h says:

I absolutely can’t come all the way from France but ohmahgawd I NEED THIS POSTER so my life can be complete again.

23. Tony says:

Wish I could go…or at least get the poster!

24. Tony says:

Wish I could go to this…or at least get the poster!

Where can I find that art print?

26. Thaaaaaaaaaats Awesome!!!

27. Uh…yeah. Question about the poster…Why the yeti and the dragon within the broken heart? What does that symbolize? I have my theories…

28. Matthew says:

I have no space left on my walls, so something is going to have to go. Or maybe I’ll just move so that this can fit too. Must be nice to be able to inspire so many talented people!

29. Matthew says:

30. Matthew says:

31. Matthew says:

1. [...] sadly won’t be there Friday (I will be here) but my good buddy, leader of Sex Bob-Omb and star of ‘Scott Pilgrim’, Mark Webber will [...]

2. [...] I'm here now. And going to this on 26th: UPDATE: MiDNiTES FOR MANiACS presents an Edgar Wright TRIPLE BILL | August 26th Castro Theatre, San … Anyone with [...]

3. [...] you are in San Francisco on August 26th don’t pass up the opportunity to see a triple bill of Edgar Wright movies. Not only will you get to see Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World but [...]

4. [...] Pardee designed an extraordinary poster for a MiDNiTES FOR MANiACS and Edgar Wright event that will feature Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World [...]

5. [...] Edgar Wright alerted us to the event by blogging about it. So it’s his fault if you aren’t able to get this gorgeous poster. [...]

6. [...] Hot Fuzz, there’s plenty to look at. You can buy this poster at the event itself (details here at Edgar Wright’s official website) or take your chance at buying any remaining posters after the event on Pardee’s website [...]

7. [...] over to Edgar Wright’s official website for more details on the [...]