Shaun Of The Dead / Scott Pilgrim Style

Was sent this very nifty entry to the recent Done In 60 Seconds competition for Empire Magazine.

It’s ‘Shaun Of The Dead’ done in 60 seconds, done in the style of the Scott Pilgrim comics. With a couple of nods to Spaced and Hot Fuzz thrown in for good measure.

If haven’t seen ‘Shaun Of The Dead’ (and if you haven’t why are you on my blog), it should come as no surprise that there are big spoilers in this 60 second cover version.

Hats off to Philip Askins for the animation. Enjoy Shaun by way of O’Malley.

Comments

46 Responses to “Shaun Of The Dead / Scott Pilgrim Style”
  1. Alex says:

I love it! I freaking Love it!

Glad to see you showing off some fan talent. I loved Shaun of the Dead and Scoot Pilgrim, and this merging is fantastic. The style fits the story line surprisingly well, and I love the jokes that were kept in the 60 second version. Very nice work!

3. Joel Vallie says:

The gay line always cracks me up even in this bit.

As a fan of Shaun of the Dead, and Scott Pilgrim, there’s just one thing I would like… AN ENTIRE EFFING MOVIE LIKE THIS!!!! sooo funny!!!!

5. Ciara says:

I put this on my facebook, its awesome!

6. Lucan Monks says:

A whole bag of win, right there! (Now I’m craving a Shaun animated show as WELL as a Pilgrim one… )

7. Lucan Monks says:

8. dom says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was pretty awesome you should do different movies like this 8 thumbs up!…9 if your an alien

9. dom says:

10. Mik Sim says:

now try that with starwars or inception!!!

11. Mik Sim says:

now try that with starwars or inception!!!

I like it :) 1000+ points :)

13. Janice says:

That was brilliant Philip. I too loved how Yvonne called Shaun, Tim. Nice.

14. Janice says:

That was brilliant Philip. I too loved how Yvonne called Shaun, Tim. Nice.

15. John C Keefer says:

Wowzers. It just works so damn well, good show.
    Also, have you seen the latest Major Lazer vid? Pretty amazing stuff:

16. Simon Taylor says:

Love the Tim/Shaun mix up at the end! :D

17. Simon Taylor says:

Love the Tim/Shaun mix up at the end! :D

18. Veruka_salt9 says:

HA!!! I LOVED it!!!!

19. Andy says:

nicely done! Made me want to go and watch the movie again now. Shame I can’t ‘cos I’m at work, but hey…

20. Dark Bunny Tees says:

Why did this not feature more in the actual comp??? As for Spaced/Scott Pilgrim – I did this with the SP Avatar Creator last June http://www.twitpic.com/20tjqt

21. Dark Bunny Tees says:

22. Combining Shaun of the Dead w/ Scott Pilgrim vs. the World = too much epic & awesomeness in 1 video!

23. S.M. says:

This is really great! I want to see a Hot Fuzz in 60 seconds next!

I dunno, pub?

24. Hi Edgar,

Thank you for taking the time to watch this, it means so much! I’m also very glad (and relieved) that you liked it, I’ve been a fan of your work for a long time but Scott Pilgrim had such an effect on me both personally and as a filmmaker that I felt I had to give something back! It completely blew my socks off and if I can be even half as creatively expressive in my filmmaking ventures, I’ll be very happy indeed.

So again, thank you, and because there’s been a lot of male affection in this message I’ll end it on something manly, like “later bro!” or “bye”

25. Christopher says:

That was really cool!! Edgar you have to check out this COMIC BOOK-Cover Ode to Shaun of the Dead and HOT FUZZ! Really fun stuff.

26. Christopher says:

27. BIFCO BIFCO says:

Thank you for this I put it on my blog :)
    PS: Scott Pilgrim was amazing don’t listening to the people who did’nt like it beacause they didn’t understand the joke. Specially the one with the tshirt :)

28. Lammpost911 says:

Amazing, why this didnt get nominated (for empire done in 60 sec) i do not know!

29. Lammpost911 says:

30. Lee Prew says:

Maybe the whole of Spaced can get a Scott Pilgrim makeover :)

31. Tony Leech says:

Really fun. Next film to receive the Scott Pilgrim treatment? Jaws? Apocalypse Now?

1. [...] Of The Dead IslandMasterChugs Theater: ‘Shaun of the Dead’SHAUN OF THE DEAD TV SHOW?Shaun Of The Dead / Scott Pilgrim Style p.description, span.description { font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: [...]

2. [...] Dead done in the style of the Scott Pilgrim comics, with a couple of nods to Hot Fuzz and Spaced. Edgar Wright is perhaps my favourite director, and I love all of his [...]

3. [...] Gefunden auf dem Blog vom Regisseur der beiden Filme Edgar Wright. [...]

4. [...] Quem curtiu o vídeo foi Edgar Wright, diretor não só de Shaun of the Dead como também de Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Ele parabenizou o autor no blog dele. [...]

5. [...] Shaun Of The Dead / Scott Pilgrim Style : Edgar Wright Here [...]

6. [...] Shaun Of The Dead / Scott Pilgrim Style : Edgar Wright Here [...]

7. [...] tweeted by Simon Pegg and posted on Edgar Wright’s website, here’s a minute long clip of Shaun of the Dead getting the Scott Pilgrim [...]