Edgar Wright: The Works | A mash up by Joel Walden

Holy smokes.

Young Joel Walden (@joelthemovieguy) has edited another incredible mashup of my work, editing together almost everything I’ve done*.

And when I say young, I mean that Joel is nineteen years old. Wow, indeed.

I am immensely flattered by this montage which brings together clips of ‘A Fistful Of Fingers’, ‘Spaced’, ‘Shaun Of The Dead’, ‘Hot Fuzz’, ‘Don’t’ and ‘Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.’

Not to mention clips of some of my music videos for Mint Royale, Charlotte Hatherley, Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster and The Bluetones.

It’s like watching my life flash before my eyes on YouTube.

Joel, you make me feel warm and fuzzy again. Thanks.

Here’s what Joel had to say about the video.

Well everyone, it’s been a long time coming, but it’s finally here. The follow up to the widely popular tribute “The Films of Edgar Wright” has been unleashed. I couldn’t be more thankful for all the insanely positive feedback that was received by all the viewers of “The Films of Edgar Wright,” especially from Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright himself!

*So what’s missing?

Well I guess there are some more early TV credits that are out there but tough to find; ‘Mash & Peas’, ‘Asylum’, ‘Alexei Sayle’s Merry Go Round’, ‘Is It Bill Bailey?’, ‘Murder Most Horrid’, ‘French & Saunders’, ‘Sir Bernard’s Stately Homes’ as well as some other music videos; ‘Keep The Home Fires Burning’ for the Bluetones and ‘Summer’ for Charlotte Hatherley.

If you want to go even deeper there are two videos for Ruth that haven’t been unearthed. And I guess I have a whole bundle of amateur films that have not become available. Although ‘Dead Right’, the movie I made when I was 19 is on the Hot Fuzz DVD & BluRay.

I’m not suggesting that Joel goes for mashup number 3, he would be 40 by the time he tracks all of the above down. And he has better things to do with his time, clearly!

So here’s to an amazing teenage editor! Hats off!

Visit Joel’s YouTube Channel

Update

If anyone ever wondered what the jumbled FCP Sequence looked like for Edgar Wright – The Works, here it is!

Comments

17 Responses to “Edgar Wright: The Works | A mash up by Joel Walden”

haha I remember Dead Right and your squeeky voice don’t kill me I’m the director cameo. Amusing.

3. Jonsykes79 says:

Not to mention that fantastic Pizza Hut advert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27otZ9SIFnE

4. Stu Bradley says:

Outstanding stuff – I’ve Tweeted this to the wife, who is studying editing at Uni. Hope she loves it as much as I do!

I really enjoyed that, great job Joel :) I have Asylum on dvd unfortunately it’s a bad copy but it’s better that nothing. Hopefully in the future we will all get to see some of your earlier unreleased work Ed, maybe made available on dvd extras.

7. Joel Vallie says:

Your work is impressive to watch Edgar and Joel your work is very impressive as well. Keep it up Guys!

8. Joe Gallant says:

and what about is it bill?

9. Joe Gallant says:

asylum is incredible, have a dvd copy if anyone wants

10. Ben Bray says:

Joel!! Congrats again man, this is amazing and I can’t wait too see some more from you! Hopefully next year we may be grouped together and work on something together!

11. Tina D says:

Very well done and so entertaining… GREAT JOB!

12. Joelman1991 says:

Edgar,

Once again, thank you so much for your continued support of my edits. I can’t help but think back to when I first started editing two years ago (in my old Windows Moviemaker days). Back then, I couldn’t have possibly imagined that one day an idol of mine would be praising my work. It makes me unbelievably happy that there are directors out there like you who truly appreciate the works that their loyal fans put together for them.

So all in all, I am beyond glad (and relieved) that you enjoyed this tribute. The endless hours of work put into it were totally worth it. Your incredible support gives me the confidence that I have potential to “make it” as a professional editor. I can only hope that one day we will cross paths in this industry.

All the best

Joel

13. Joelman1991 says:

Edgar,

All the best

Joel

1. [...] ups and montages. Some of them by editors as young as nineteen, such as Joel Walden who gave us this most [...]

2. [...] ups and montages. Some of them by editors as young as nineteen, such as Joel Walden who gave us this most [...]

3. [...] is a great mashup of pretty much all of Edgar Wright’s films and TV shows.This is what Edgar Wright had to say about it:Young Joel Walden (@joelthemovieguy) has edited another incredible mashup of [...]