Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Walking Dead

You like Scott Pilgrim? You like zombies?

Well thank Matcnew for…

Original art by Matcnew and originally posted here as part of Deviant Art and Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim – Create the 8th Evil Ex Contest.

Matcnew’s note follows;

Well, here’s my entry to the Scott Pilgrim Eight Evil Ex Contest. Cutting it kind of close!

Man, this was hard work. Like 50+ hours over two weeks. I almost didn’t think I was going to get it done in time! Especially once school started back up. In case you’re wondering, if printed this is about 20 pages long, almost a full length comic book.

Even if I don’t win, it was an interesting personal challenge seeing if I was capable of making such a long comic in such a short amount of time.

… Though I’d still like to win, ha.

If there are any spelling errors, please don’t tell me. It would be a pretty big pain trying to fix it at this point.

Let me know if any of you have trouble loading the image. It’s kind of a big file, so I’m not sure how well this is going to go.

One more thing, I’d like to thank Joss Whedon. I watched a lot of Buffy and Angel while working on this. A LOT.

Comments

43 Responses to “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Walking Dead”
  1. Dan says:

i love this awesome, witty, soo damn sweet comic!! just love it!!! now make one about scott meeting Ramona’s perents!! ha note: u heard it hear fist. this comic answers soo much of my questions of the after life of Scott. lesbians it!!

2. Anthonycolello says:

Amazing comic, i LOL’d
    it had the kinda comedy brian would used i thought
    it was good, and helped me satisfy a little of my scott pilgrim craving after the last book.
    ich gratuliere
    congratulatios on making such a good comic

3. krystalavender says:

…I seethe with envy at your skill

4. krystalavender says:

…I seethe with envy at your skill

5. Zef says:

As a guy who actually owns a painting of raccoon mario and has it proudly displayed in his living room, let me say thanks for including that particular video game reference (although I know Tanooki Mario is slightly different.) Anyway, what a great comic! Loved it, and it makes sense that boredom would be the next challenge in their relationship.

6. EDJFROST36 says:

WHAT WAS THE ZOMBIE TENTICLES ABOUT?

7. EDJFROST36 says:

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. EDJFROST36 says:

9. This really was a brilliant piece of work. Feels exactly like a missing part of the comic. The ending had me grinning like a madman :) Well done!

10. Joel Vallie says:

Matcnew my hats off to you. This made me laugh a number of time. Talent my friend you have!!!! All the best for your future!

11. Joel Vallie says:

12. Jimsicle says:

Props to you, sir! Just made my day! :)

13. it took two whole minutes to view this. The worth:Every second.

14. DonkeyPhone says:

Matcnew, this is awesome! Reads like Edgar wrote it. Well done!

15. wareagle884 says:

Wallace taking off and flying made laugh hard. Great comic!

16. Al D. says:

Tonally, that perfect and fit with the style of Scott Pilgrim bang on. Maybe in some alternate universe there’s a cut of Pilgrim that features the Wallace in the Tanooki suit. That’s some serious obscure geek reference right there, yo.

17. Meli Parker says:

This is amazing!

18. Dani says:

haha this is brilliant, it felt like I was reading one of the actual comics! Love the SOTD homage :-)

19. noodles says:

I also am in lesbians with this comic

20. CB2001 says:

I’m in lesbians with this comic….

21. Brian Fowler says:

I bow to this. Just bow to it. Amazing.

22. zombie tentacles?!?!?!

23. b1gfatho says:

That was… so… amazing. I dig it the most.

Top-notch, sir.

25. Sooo …. you start filming this when?

Throwing records at a zombie…possible reference to Shaun of the Dead?

27. what hapenned whit wallace in the end is a very god end!
    (sorry i talk spanish)

now THAT was entertaining!

29. Absolutely awesome. I especially like the flash-back crayon and quite a nice way to end it.

12 out of 10 for awesomeness!

30. Absolutely awesome. I especially like the flash-back crayon and quite a nice way to end it.

12 out of 10 for awesomeness!

31. Absolutely awesome. I especially like the flash-back crayon and quite a nice way to end it.

12 out of 10 for awesomeness!

32. [dec] says:

I would like to think, & I may be right, that the records were a reference to Shawn of the Dead, all though a more successful attempt… sort of.

33. [dec] says:

34. [dec] says:

35. Wow, this was pretty fantastic. It actually was a really great Scott Pilgrim comic! The characterization was dead on, the jokes were good, the references, the message….it felt like Bryan DID write it. Wonderful work.

36. Wow, this was pretty fantastic. It actually was a really great Scott Pilgrim comic! The characterization was dead on, the jokes were good, the references, the message….it felt like Bryan DID write it. Wonderful work.

37. hey, this is super cool, it’s like scott´s after happy forever and with my favorite scene of shaun of the dead, what is the throw of the vynil disc, my father was a adicted of Dire Straits

38. hey, this is super cool, it’s like scott´s after happy forever and with my favorite scene of shaun of the dead, what is the throw of the vynil disc, my father was a adicted of Dire Straits

39. hey, this is super cool, it’s like scott´s after happy forever and with my favorite scene of shaun of the dead, what is the throw of the vynil disc, my father was a adicted of Dire Straits