Scott Pilgrim Returns to Toronto! November 5th, 2010 ~ Bloor Cinema 7pm

To celebrate the upcoming DVD / BluRay release I am very happy to announce a signing and FREE screening of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World in Toronto.

Bryan Lee O'Malley's Poster

Artwork by Bryan Lee O’Malley | @radiomaru | flickr.

To say thank you to the fans who have supported us and thank you to the residents of Toronto who put up with a lot of fake snow, I am very excited to be coming back to Bloor & Bathurst for a one off special screening. Join me, Bryan Lee O’Malley and Toronto’s home town badass Ellen Wong first at HMV and then the Bloor on November 5th.

Prizes, surprises and an exclusive screening of the hour long Making Of Documentary and more.

And it’s free. First come, first served.

Be there.

Get ready to experience the epic-ness again?.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World comes home to Toronto for an in-store signing and special FREE fan screening.

On November 5th, filmmaker Edgar Wright, creator Bryan Lee O’Malley, and Knives Chau herself, Ellen Wong will descend on HMV’s Yonge Street location for a special in-store signing in honor of the Blu Ray/DVD release of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. While the DVD won’t be available until November 9th, fans will get a chance to pre-order their copy, meet the creative forces behind the film, and have something special signed. The festivities begin at 12:30pm, so be sure to get there early to secure your place in line.

For information on the signing and a chance to get a guaranteed seat at the screening visit http://www.hmv.ca/ for details as they become available.

Then, that night the famous Bloor Cinema will present a FREE fan screening of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World to be followed with a Q&A with Wright, O’Malley, Wong, and special guest moderator Don McKellar. Also, as a special treat for the hardcore Pilgrim fans we’ll be screening the ‘making of’ documentary featured on the Blu-ray/DVD.

The screening starts at 7:00 pm. Seating will be on a first come first served basis at the Bloor Cinema the night of the screening.

For information on the screening and line-up details visit http://bloorcinema.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/ScottPilgrim for the most up-to-the-minute information.

Additionally, stay tuned to http://www.beguiling.com for even more chances to get a guaranteed seat!

Level up at 7pm on November the 5th at The Bloor!

Screening Details

When: 7PM on Friday November 5th, 2010
Where: Bloor Cinema, 506 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario

Signing Event Details

Signing at HMV at 12:30pm

Comments

74 Responses to “Scott Pilgrim Returns to Toronto! November 5th, 2010 ~ Bloor Cinema 7pm”
  1. Linda says:

our neighbourhood has this freaky noises. you can help us solving this problem asap. we are running out of ideas how could this matter solved asap. we live in renfrew height area, an owner, 3249 e23rd ave vancouver bc v5r1b6 canada , put a silver plate at the back of the house for some purpose, we have no idea what is the purpose. we surely interrupted by the noises at 24hours a day, we have no luck reaching the owner to discuss this problem. perhaps you could write a note to the owner concerning on this noise matter. or 6044347745 to phone the owner or you can pray for us. we don’t need any noises in vancouver. vancouver is a quiet place, people love quiet. however in our area, noises is being produce by the plate, the plate is near a metal post, when wind blows it makes annoying noises like people yelling, or thunder lighting

please help us, you can take a look at the plate
    if the plate is gone in afternoon, it means the owner is hiding the plate inside the house
    we believe the plate is hung at 11:00pm or later

I am down the street. I’m there

15. Zombie says:

I am down the street. I’m there

16. stuart says:

Screening of the Making Of? *faints* Jealous of Toronto residents right now

17. Brough says:

Shooting a short about a video game addict around Toronto between Nov 2-5 if you’re interested in some cameo time Edgar :)

18. Ninjaemperor says:

I’m confused about something, do we get into the screening by getting free tickets, or b lining up on the 5th. And if it is by tickets, what time can we start getting them?

19. Me says:

I have school, if I get there at around 4, will I still be able to make the screening, and other stuff? Also, the beguiling are saying it’s invitation only.

20. shannon says:

omgi think i just died! 99% sure ill be there :D

21. harvey says:

I have heard that it is by invitation only, does any one have any updated information ?

22. harvey says:

23. RJ says:

oh my god guys if you just came to chicago -once- it would make everything better for me

i mean chicago is like the toronto of cities that aren’t so clean and canadian

also: i actually live within a comfortable distance to it! so.

24. Simongarlock says:

Whoooa I love that poster! Any chances of a print being made? I would love to have that bad boy on my wall

25. pennyfedcar says:

I just entered a contest held by the Beguiling to get a ticket… if I don’t get it, I’m hopping a GO bus right after school to get there. Line up early. I might skip my last period class. xD This shit means THAT MUCH to me.

26. Netstryke says:

I love living in Toronto! THERE!!

27. Manni says:

Ah… would like to be there badly. Here, in Poland, we had only one screening of the film (during the American Film Festival) and unfortunatelly, that is also the last screening, because they decided to go with it straight to DVD and BD, which is a shame, cause it’s an awesome cinematic experience: the crowd was very pleased, people were not only laughing throughout the movie (every 10 seconds I believe), but also applausing, clapping and cheering for Scott. First time seeing something like this (on such scale) in the theater. Too bad I won’t share it with people that didn’t make it to the festival – especially my best friend and … my Ramona. Still, I will see it on BD maaaany times, with maaaany people, and I’m sure the magic will – still – be there, even if it’s not the “big screen” it deserves.

28. Leprechan64 says:

SEE YOU THERE GOOD SIR!

Have Fun ( jealous as hell ) Toronto!!

* Awesome poster above,will indeed print and hang up :)

30. Jeannie says:

Now this is why I knew I shouldn’t move to Ottawa! I’m so glad its on a Friday, I hope I can make it! :D

31. Jeannie says:

32. Beck says:

Aww man, the signing and stuff is at 12:30? Boo, I’ll still be in school…I definitely need to be at that screening though, going to be so bummed if I don’t make it.

Also, is the DVD release only a Blu-ray combo pack and not a DVD on its own?

33. Beck says:

Also, is the DVD release only a Blu-ray combo pack and not a DVD on its own?

34. Sulu says:

Im gonna be first in line

35. The Doctor says:

Is it sad that I just looked up the cost of plane tickets and a hotel in Toronto even though I know there’s no way for me to make it? Seriously, that’s how much I want to be in Toronto for this.
    Ah well, have fun Torontonians.

36. awyeee says:

I’m only an hour away =3

37. Davie says:

One of the many reasons I’d probably be better off Canadian.

38. ROBOTRON says:

can someone ask the director of the movie if he can make a real dragon ball movie!?!? please!!!

39. ROBOTRON says:

40. ROBOTRON says:

41. Adam says:

Why HMV when Sonic Boom is right next door? And it has significance to the film.

42. I so wish I lived in Toronto. Or near Toronto…. T-T

43. LaylaPoete says:

AAAH the Bloor. I used to go there for many films, especially the days when I would throw toast and do the time warp with my friends from the Academy Program for the Gifted. Of course it is across from Lee’s Palace. Lee is so messed right now… hense your signing by Death Strike. You are seriously disturbed sell outs at present. Signed the Fortunate One ly

44. Derek says:

Oh I’m SO there!

45. Riffraff_11 says:

that picture looks like your in a theatre full of ghosts.

46. Therese says:

The boyfriend and I (incidentally, we had our third date together when you hosted the Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead screening waaaay back when you were shooting Scott Pilgrim) will definitely be there. Or, at least in line TRYING to be there!

47. Xeislovin says:

your movies arent screening in spain…why??? scott pilgrim for christmas??? wtf??

48. Sunny J says:

You better bring Oscar, I can hear Ted’s Collision calling…

49. Doolox says:

very awesome! I’m there!

50. Red says:

Oh, to be in Toronto! Rats!

51. BulletproofMonk says:

Man, you have no idea much I would like to live in Toronto right now.

52. Wii! says:

YES thank you best birthday present ever :D

1. [...] talking about, right!? I have news for you. After reading the great reviews they have been giving Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I can say with confidence that for once, we may actually be on the same page when it comes to [...]

2. [...] talking about, right!? I have news for you. After reading the great reviews they have been giving Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Read the rest of this entry [...]

3. [...] For more info checkout: Scott Pilgrim Returns to Toronto! November 5th, 2010 ~ Bloor Cinema 7pm [...]