Artwork refers to USA/Canada release
Myself and the team worked around the clock on these extras, so I hope you appreciate them when the Blu Ray / DVD hits the streets in North America on November 9th.
A lot of tender loving care went into hours and hours of behind the scenes goodies, which show just how much work went into this film in the last few years.
I do hope you enjoy what we’ve put together.
So let’s have a look at what’s on the Blu Ray and DVD shall we? Right after one of our many production stills, this one from Young Neil himself, Johnny Simmons.
GET READY FOR THE GAME-CHANGING, ACTION-COMEDY
FEATURING EYE-POPPING VISUALS & GRAVITY-DEFYING ACTION
UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU’VE EVER SEEN BEFORE
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD
COMING TO BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK, DVD & DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
NOVEMBER 9, 2010 FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
FOR A LIMITED TIME, BLU-RAY™ PURCHASERS CAN STREAM A BONUS MOVIE INSTANTLY TO THEIR TV WITH BD-LIVE™ OR SMARTPHONE VIA THE FREE POCKET BLU™ APP, NOW NEWLY ENHANCED FOR IPAD™
Universal City, California, Tuesday, September 21—Inventive visuals, endearing performances and a genre-smashing style define Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the critically acclaimed, action-comedy coming to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD November 9th from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In the movie, cutting-edge filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) directs Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad) and an incredible ensemble cast in the story of a charming, unemployed bass player who discovers that in order to date the girl of his dreams, he must first battle her seven super-powered, evil exes.
Both the Blu-ray™ and DVD come loaded with deleted scenes, laugh-out-loud bloopers and cast commentaries assembled by director, producer and co-writer Edgar Wright. The 2-disc Blu-ray™ Combo Pack is packed with hours of additional in-depth bonus features; a Blu-ray and DVD copy of film; and for a limited time only, a digital copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere. Blu-ray ™ consumers will also be able to stream a free bonus movie instantly to any internet-connected player, Smartphone or iPad™ using the free pocket BLU™ app. Starting with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, iPad™ owners can also enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display. With this app, Blu-ray™ consumers will be able to stream their full-length bonus movie in a way that's bigger and better than ever before.
In Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Edgar Wright brings Bryan Lee O’Malley’s hugely popular graphic novel series to life with gravity-defying action and videogame-inspired graphics. Joining lead actor Michael Cera is one of the coolest ensemble casts ever to share the big screen including Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Live Free or Die Hard), Kieran Culkin (Igby Goes Down), Chris Evans (upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger), Academy Award® nominee Anna Kendrick (Twilight series, Up in the Air), Alison Pill (Dan in Real Life), Aubrey Plaza (“Parks and Recreation”), Brandon Routh (Superman), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Johnny Simmons (Jennifer’s Body), Mark Webber (Broken Flowers), Mae Whitman (“Parenthood”) and Ellen Wong (“Runaway”). Scott Pilgrim vs. the World also boasts an awesome soundtrack featuring original music by Beck and performances by Broken Social Scene, Metric and more.
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE CRITICS
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World slayed critics of every generation with its highly stylized visuals. The New York Times’ A.O. Scott raves “You may want to see it again as soon as it’s over.” Jeremy Smith of “AintItCoolNews” calls the film “Wholly original. There’s never been a movie like it” and Rossiter Drake of the San Francisco Examiner pronounces it a “bold, brilliant spectacle.” Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is “far and away the funniest movie of the summer,” according to the Orlando Sentinel’s Roger Moore, and Peter Travers of Rolling Stone calls the film “a breathless rush of a movie that jumps off the screen, spins your head around and then stealthily works its way into your heart. It’s a game changer.”
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:
- INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES:
– Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
– Music Featurette
– You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
- ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
- PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
- THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGIRM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
- VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.
- SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.
- TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film
- ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
- SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
- FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.
- U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
– STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE
- Pocket BLU™ app: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad™, Blackberry®, Nokia® Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:
– Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
– Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
– Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
– Virtual Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
- DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM: Blu-ray™ consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac® and or Windows® PC for a limited time only.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
- MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
- And lots more!
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD:
- DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
- SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS
- FEATURE COMMENTARIES:
– Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
– Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
– Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
– Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog
- TRIVIA TRACK
- GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.
Meet charming and jobless Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera). A bass guitarist for totally average garage band Sex Bob-Omb, the 22-year-old has just met the girl of his dreams…literally. The only catch to winning Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)? Her seven evil exes are coming to kill him. Genre-smashing filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) tells the amazing story of one romantic slacker’s quest to power up with love in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It’s getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart’s ass—and now is back in town—to the teenage distraction he’s trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn’t been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor. As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues’ gallery from her past—from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsomely identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.
CAST AND FILMMAKERS
Directed By: Edgar Wright
Screenplay By: Michael Bacall & Edgar Wright
Based on the Oni Press Graphic Novels by: Bryan Lee O’Malley
Produced By: Marc Platt, Eric Gitter, Nira Park, Edgar Wright
Executive Producers: Ronaldo Vasconcellos, J. Miles Dale, Jared LeBoff, Adam Siegel
Director of Photography: Bill Pope ASC
Production Designer: Marcus Rowland
Editors: Jonathan Amos, Paul Machliss
Visual Effects Supervisor: Frazer Churchill
Costume Designer: Laura Jean Shannon
Co-Producers: Joe Nozemack, Lisa Gitter, Steven V. Scavelli
Cast: Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Chris Evans, Anna Kendrick, Brie Larson, Alison Pill, Aubrey Plaza, Brandon Routh, Jason Schwartzman, Johnny Simmons, Mark Webber, Mae Whitman, Ellen Wong
Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Combo Pack
Street Date: November 9, 2010
Material Number: 61112438
Running Time: 1 hour 52 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Rating: PG-13 for stylized violence, sexual content, language and drug references
Technical Info:English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, French DTS Surround 5.1, Spanish DTS Surround 5.1, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles.
Street Date:November 9, 2010
Running Time:1 hour 52 minutes
Layers: Dual Layer
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Rating: PG-13 for stylized violence, sexual content, language and drug references
Technical Info: English 5.1, French 5.1, Spanish 5.1 English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Will have details of the UK / NZ / AUS editions soon too. Check back in for those.